The position is for a full time experienced accountant. The position will be five 7 hour days per week, total of 35 hours per week.
We are looking for a highly motivated, confident, hardworking individual to join our award winning accountancy and financial services firm.
Our Preferred Qualities:
- Have 2-3 years accounting experience
- Experience in managing own client portfolio.
- Exposure to a number of SME clients across a range of issues and business operations, with experience in dealing with business owner or management.
- Highly motivated to develop a career in accounting with a long term aspect for longevity with our firm.
- Well presented with a professional outlook
- Experience meeting targets (e.g. billing, turnaround times, write offs and productivity).
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with MYOB, Quicken, Banklink and Xero etc
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Broad understanding of current economic, financial and business environment
- Detailed knowledge of current economic, financial and commercial legislation, with ability to simplify it for communication to others
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Shows evidence of continuous improvement and initiative.
- Shows evidence of handling and working under pressure and within imposed deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-manage tasks.
- Minimum Cert IV in Accounting
- Business Coaching experience
- Financial Services experience
- Experience with Sage Handisoft software
- Specialist skill sets e.g. superannuation, audit, taxation consultant, industry specialist
- Professional Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants, Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants (or equivalent) or progressing towards
- Dip Financial Planning / RG 146 qualifications
Key responsibilities include:
- completion of taxation returns, financials, business activity statements, bookkeeping and other compliance work as required
- management of client portfolio
- client contact as required; phone calls, emails, meetings
- adherence to KPIs and monthly / quarterly targets
- timely response to client queries
- contribute to staff meetings and implement continous improvement of team and firm
- show awareness and timeliness with lodgement and firm deadlines on work
- show initiative with training and development
- maintain industry and product knowledge
Why should you be interested in coming to work with us?
Our aim is to work with our clients to drive improved performance, profit & value to deliver them personal success.
Our mission is to provide superior accounting, taxation and business advice that builds our customer’s capacity to achieve their ambitions.
Customer service and satisfaction are our top priorities. Our customer support strategy is based upon total customer satisfaction and we continually strive to offer a complete package of up-to-date value added solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Our team offers a complete accounting service which allows our customers to focus on operating and growing their business.
We value, above all, our long-term customers, and respect and reward their loyalty.
Our staff are key to our long term success, and we invest in professional development of our human resources in order to deliver our mission.
Our objectives are to;
- Support our clients with sound advice, education and up to date information.
- Provide progressive and proactive advice to produce exceptional business results.
- Set up a strong business framework so our customers and their businesses can thrive.
Our shared values
- Accuracy & Consistency
- Honesty & Integrity
- Excellent customer service
To apply please use the below contact form and include your cover letter and resume in .pdf format.