Who should attend?
Small business operators, and those just starting or thinking about starting a new business, should consider attending these free tax seminars.
Why should you attend?
You will learn about tax issues relevant to owning and operating a small business and receive practical tips for your business.
What will be covered?
Tax basics seminar – the fundamentals of tax for small business.
- Business structures – sole trader, partnership, company and trust
- Income tax and deductions (including capital gains tax)
- Goods and services tax (GST)
- Budgeting for tax and paying your business tax
Activity statement essentials seminar – a comprehensive look at completing your activity statement.
- The purpose and layout of an activity statement
- GST, PAYG withholding and instalments, and other labels examined
- How you can use activity statement data to plan and budget
Business deduction essentials seminar – a closer examination of income tax deduction rules for small business.
- Expenses you can claim immediately, and those you can claim over time
- Additional tax deduction for business investment in eligible, new tangible depreciating assets and new expenditure on existing assets
- Expenses you can never deduct
- Trading stock and other special deductions
- Tax losses
When are the seminars on?
Places are limited – guarantee your seat by registering today!
To view seminar times, dates and venues go to www.ato.gov.au/busreg or phone 1300 661 104.