User ID’s are used to identify the actions of each user who performs tasks that affect your company file and can be used to restrict access to the company file.
To create or amend a User ID or Password you must initially log on with the User ID Administrator.
To create a new User ID:
- From the Setup menu select Preferences
- Select the Security tab
- Click on the Password button
- Click the New button
- Type a User ID
- Type a Password (if required) and retype it exactly the same in the Confirm Password field
Passwords can be created with various access restrictions. If you have previously created passwords of other users you can copy the restrictions set for another User ID. To do this, select the drop down arrow next to Copy Restrictions and select the user account whose restrictions you wish to copy.
- Click OK
- In the User Access window, select any access restrictions for this user
- Click OK
To create or change the Administrator Password:
- In the sign-on window, ensure the User ID says Administrator
- Click the Change Password button
- Enter the Existing Password (if no password is set, leave blank)
- Enter the New Password
- Retype it exactly the same in Confirm Password
- Click Record
For further assistance: Contact Melanie Jenkins
Download this MYOB Help Sheet with accompanying images to assist you with each step below…